Use EBSCOhost to select and search reference databases of your choice. This interface is recommended for advanced searchers. For students and general searchers, try one of the Explora databases below:
Connect live with an expert tutor for homework help in English & Spanish, seven days a week from 12 PM – 10 PM PST. Kindergarten - Adult. Requires "29041" library card.
Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning! Read more about this upgrade on our blog.
A constantly growing library of more than 8,500 courses in streaming video format with 40-60 new courses added weekly. Subjects covered range from 3D + Animation; Audio; Business including Office and Google software; Design; Developer; Photography and Video; and Web and social media. Videos use screenshots, narration, live-action, smart boards, charts and graphics, audio and include captioning. Courses are available for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced learning tracks. Requires "29041" library card.
Learn a new language with Pronunciator! Choose from any of the 163 languages in Pronunciator and dive in with self-directed lessons, live teachers, movies, music, and more. Learn at your own pace or join a live teaching session. Requires "29041" library card.
A Pronunciator app, written in responsive HTML5, is available and can be used in any browser — including browsers on any mobile device. You must first register an account with Pronunciator to use the app.
An online learning platform for San Mateo County Libraries cardholders who want to improve work-related skills or further develop a personal interest. Users can search through more than 4,000 continuously updated, on-demand video courses across 75 categories in business, technology, design, health, mindfulness, and more.
To Use the App:
- Download the Udemy for Business app in the View available apps below.
- Open the app and enter gale.udemy.com as the organization account and click Next.
- Under Find Your Institution select Public Library and search for San Mateo County Library.
- Click San Mateo County Library and you’ll be taken to the screen where you can enter your library card number and click Sign In.
- You’ll be taken to the screen where you can sign in using a Google or Microsoft account.