A first of its kind, Discover & Go provides access to museum passes, such as the Asian Art Museum, that can be printed online rather than traditional physical passes that must be picked up and returned to the library. As a Library cardholder, you have access to numerous museums and cultural institutions throughout the Bay Area.
Each Discover & Go pass expires immediately after the reservation date, so no returns are required, and there is no possibility of overdue fines! This unique program allows library users to make reservations online by date or by venue and print out a pass.
The Fine Print
- You must have a valid library card starting with '2904' or '2973'.
- You must be at least 14 years old. Some attractions do require an age of 16 or 18 and up.
- Live within the library service area (based on zip code)
- You may not use an eCard or institutional card
- You may have up to 2 reservations at a time
- You may cancel a reservation only if you have not already printed the admission pass
- The pass is for use only by the person named and only on the date specified. No photocopies are allowed. Valid ID is required.
Try It Now!
Museum Passes FAQs
You must live within the service area of San Mateo County Libraries in order to log in and reserve passes, opens a new window. Discover & Go is set to track your zip code. If you do not qualify to reserve a pass because your zip code is not in our service area, we recommend that you try your home library (within your own zip code) since many local library systems offer Discover & Go.
Below is a list of other libraries in the Peninsula Library System that also participate in the Discover & Go program. If you have a card through one of these libraries, follow the link to log in and print out your passes.
- Burlingame Public Library, opens a new window
- Daly City Public Library, opens a new window
- Menlo Park Library, opens a new window
- Redwood City Public Library, opens a new window
- San Bruno Public Library, opens a new window
- San Mateo City Public Library, opens a new window
- South San Francisco Library, opens a new window
More information on the program is available at our Museum Passes.
Once the pass has been printed your reservation cannot be cancelled.
You can cancel a pass that has not been printed by logging into Discover & Go and clicking on Cancel Pass. Please remember that once the pass has been printed your reservation cannot be cancelled.
Most attractions do not have an annual limit per library card number; however, there are some attractions that have placed a restriction on the number of times you can use a pass. You will find details about each pass within the Attractions page while logged in at Discover & Go.