Academic and research articles from scholarly journals in physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature , etc.
Your source for population, housing, economic, and geographic data.
Resources for genealogical and historical research, including military, court, census, birth, marriage, and death records, and more.
The Premier Job Search, Reference & Mailing List Database including 30 million business & executive profiles & 220 million residents. Ideal for sales leads mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more.
Biographical information on over 220,000 people from throughout history and around the world.
CA Building Codes, includes Building, Fire, Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical.
CA law consists of 29 codes covering various subject areas.
Information to help you work better with an attorney, and represent yourself in some legal matters.
California missions eBooks that can be read online for free.
When asked for a Username and Password please enter Username: missions Password: missions.
- Mission La Purísima Concepción
- Mission Nuestra Señora de la Soledad
- Mission San Antonio de Padua
- Mission San Buenaventura
- Mission San Carlos Borromeo del Río Carmelo
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá
- Mission San Fernando, Rey de España
- Mission San Francisco de Asís
- Mission San Francisco de Solano
- Mission San Gabriel Arcángel
- Mission San José
- Mission San Juan Bautista
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
- Mission San Luis Rey de Francia
- Mission San Miguel Arcángel
- Mission San Rafael Arcángel
- Mission Santa Bárbara
- Mission Santa Clara de Asís
- Mission Santa Cruz
- Mission Santa Inés
Need to find out about California Mission or California Indians? How about California Governors or Explorers? California Social Studies Fact Cards will help you out with facts at your fingertips for California Indians, Explorers, Missions and Mission life, Ranchos, Datelines and more.
Información para ayudarle a trabajar mejor con un abogado y representarse a sí mismo en algunos asuntos legales. In Spanish.
Summaries and commentary for hundreds of literary classics.
Non-profit ratings of local service companies and health care providers in the Bay Area. Provides easy to read charts comparing companies by quality and price, and articles with tips and advice on getting the most out of your money.
EveryoneOn is a national nonprofit working to eliminate the digital divide by making high-speed, low-cost Internet service and computers, and free digital literacy courses accessible to all unconnected Americans.
Gale Literary Sources integrates full-text literary content with metadata and subject indexing and provides workflow tools to analyze information. You can research authors and their works, literary movements and genres. Search across your library's Literature databases to find full text of literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information and overviews.
A one-stop source for news, magazine, and periodical articles across a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature, art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics.. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text.
San Mateo County Libraries now offers a fully accredited online high school diploma and career certification program through Career Online High School (COHS). COHS is available via the internet, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. A limited number of scholarships are available to card holders who are California residents and 19 years of age or older.
Resources for genealogical and historical research, including the U.S. Federal Census, Freedman’s bank records, the PERSI index, and more. Requires "29041" library card.
Contact information for local, state, and federal elected officials.
The ipl2 digital collections include Resources by Subject, Newspapers and Magazines, Special Collec-tions created by the ipl2, and special collections for Kids and Teens.
Homework help resources for beginning elementary school; also includes 75 popular kids magazines like Highlights and Sports Illustrated for Kids.
A combined catalog of books from participating public and academic libraries throughout California and Nevada. Members of the LINK+ consortium utilize a single searchable catalog to seamlessly borrow books from each other. Requires "29041", "29045", or "29047" library card.
Find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
Health information from National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine.
Health information from National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine.
Morningstar is a respected tool for collecting financial information, obtaining portfolio analysis, learning about investment options and reading financial news commentary. Find data on over 14,500 stocks, 24,800 mutual funds, 1,500 exchange-traded funds and 700 closed end funds. Also find analyst reports on over 3,500 securities, offering in-depth background and analyst opinions on top investments. Requires "29041" library card.
Search current and archived issues of local newspapers for full-text news articles, editorials, events, people, government, sports and more. Search each paper individually or search all six local papers at the same time using the links below. Requires "29041" library card.
- San Francisco Chronicle – 1/1/1985-present (no obituaries included)
- San Mateo County Times – 9/15/2001-present
- San Mateo Daily Journal – 10/2/2000-present
- San Jose Mercury News – 6/1/1985-present
- Half Moon Bay Review – 8/15/1997-present
- Pacifica Tribune – 9/24/2003-present (no data 9/10/2009-6/6/2012)
- Search all six local papers at the same time.
Tell NoveList what you like to read, and it will suggest similar books you might like! Find new fiction books and authors based on your old favorites. Requires "29041" library card.
NoveList K-8 helps children grades K-8, parents, & teachers identify books appropriate for children's reading abilities and interests. Requires "29041" library card.
Novelist K-8 Help
An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues. Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, the solution features continuously updated viewpoints, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
The Civil Grand Jury serves as an ombudsperson for the citizens of San Mateo County. The jury may receive and investigate complaints by individuals regarding the actions or performances of county or public officials. The yearly Final Reports and responses are available online starting from 1998.
Rules and regulations for a wide variety of situations and issues as handled in San Mateo County.
Researching science topics has never been easier -- with Science In Context, thousands of topic overviews, experiments, biographies, pictures and illustrations are just a few clicks away and the latest scientific developments are covered in articles from over 200 magazines and academic journals and links to quality web sites.
Database of nonprofit and public services available to people who live or work in San Mateo County.
Guided homework help with biographies, literature, history, health, science, and multicultural studies.
Provides multimedia content to complement children's and young adult books. Resources include audiobook readings, author videos, book discussion guides and lesson plans for over 40,000 books in English and Spanish.
Find lesson plans, discussion questions, novel units, reader's theater scripts, and other instructional support for the books you're reading in any K–12 classroom.
- Ready-to-use and vetted for quality to save you time
- Stimulate discussions about the books you're teaching
- Use for book clubs and to prompt conversation about books at home
- Choose from thousands of guides for both fiction and nonfiction
- Great for new educators and teachers-in-training
Compile, organize, analyze, and share instructional materials associated with the books in your curriculum.
- Create your own booklists
- Manage text sets
- Analyze text complexity differentiation
- Seamlessly edit, sequence, and annotate lists
- Immediately have instructional materials
- Distribute lists with QR codes, emails, or permanent links
Have the author reveal, anytime, the author's purpose, writing, and research processes with these TeachingBooks.net exclusively created primary source materials.
Have ready-to-use vocabulary lists — often organized by chapter — for the books that you're teaching. Vocabulary lists include:
- Example sentences pulled from each book
- Audio pronunciations
Get to know the latest award-winning books with exclusive primary source recordings that introduce students to authentic writing and research processes.
Include diverse cultural experiences in your instruction as reflected in quality fiction and nonfiction books.
- Identify exceptional multicultural books for all content areas
- Bring culture and race to the forefront of literary conversations with authentic, primary source instructional materials
Testing & Education Reference Center Courses & Tutorials eBooks/eAudiobooks Reference Study Guides Tests
Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals. Create your own account to track your progress. Free electronic study guides / prep books (SAT, MCAT, ASVAB, etc.). Requires "29041" library card.
An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in U.S. History. Merges Gale's authoritative reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
Voter’s Edge California is a comprehensive, nonpartisan online guide to elections covering federal, state, and local races in the state of California.
With Voter’s Edge California, voters can:
- Access their full, personalized ballot by entering their address.
- Get in-depth information on candidates, measures, and who supports them.
- View candidate biographies, top priorities, answers to questions, photos, policy videos, endorsements, and detailed information about who funds their campaigns.
- Browse unbiased explanations of ballot measures; find out who supports, opposes, and funds them.
- Check where, when, and how to vote, including information on their local polling locations.
- Keep track of their choices to make voting easier.
- Share information about the election with friends and family.
A joint project of MapLight and the League of Women Voters of California Education Fund (LWVCEF).
Voter’s Edge California es una guía integral para las elecciones, sin ninguna afiliación partidista y disponible en línea, que cubre las contiendas federales, estatales y locales en el estado de California.
Con Voter’s Edge California, los votantes podrán:
- Tener acceso detallado y personalizado a su boleta electoral al ingresar su dirección
- Obtener información detallada sobre los candidatos, las iniciativas de ley y quién los apoya.
- Ver las biografías de los candidatos, sus prioridades, respuestas a preguntas, fotografías, videos políticos, respaldos e información detallada acerca de quién financia sus campañas.
- Explorar las explicaciones imparciales de las iniciativas de ley en la boleta electoral; saber quién las apoya, se opone a ellas y las financia.
- Revisar dónde, cuándo y cómo votar, incluida la información sobre la ubicación de los lugares de votación locales.
- Dar seguimiento a sus opciones para hacer que el proceso de votación sea más sencillo.
- Compartir información acerca de las elecciones con familiares y amigos.
Voter’s Edge California (VEC) es un proyecto conjunto de MapLight y la League of Women Voters of California Education Fund (LWVCEF).
An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in World History. Merges Gale's authoritative reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
Search the library catalogs of thousands of worldwide public, school, academic, law, health and other libraries.