Calm is an online service that provides guided meditations, courses, stories, music, and other helpful tools to manage stress and mental health. Calm is available both via the web, opens a new window and through a mobile app. See below links. Requires "29041" library card.
Hoopla is an online service for library users to access eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comic Books from top publishers as well as Movies, Music, and Television shows from media companies such as Nickelodeon, A24, The Great Courses, BBC, Acorn TV, and more. Hoopla can be used on mobile devices, TV streaming players, and computers. Requires "29041," "29045," or "29047" library card.
How to get started?
- You must have a valid library card
- Click on Get Started
- Create an account by entering an email address and password
- When asked to choose your library select San Mateo County Libraries
- Enter your library card number and PIN
How does hoopla work?
- You can check out 20 items per month, account resets at the beginning of the month.
- Movies & TV Shows lend for 3 days
- Music lends for 7 days
- eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comics lend for 21 days
- No late fees.
Learn a new language with Pronunciator! Choose from any of the 163 languages in Pronunciator and dive in with self-directed lessons, live teachers, movies, music, and more. Learn at your own pace or join a live teaching session. Requires "29041" library card.
You can learn online or on the go with the app (see links to download below) for your mobile device! You must register an account with Pronunciator to use the app.