Search thousands of academic journals at once on a broad range of disciplines.
Use EBSCOhost to select and search reference databases of your choice. This interface is recommended for advanced searchers. For students and general searchers, try one of the Explora databases below:
Your source for population, housing, economic, and geographic data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
Includes exclusive full text for many top consumer legal reference books, as well as thousands of legal forms.
Search and browse full-text articles from magazines, reference books, and other primary source documents.
24-hour complimentary, unlimited access pass to the full edition of The New York Times online and eligible apps without a subscription. Find all regular newspaper content, photography, and videos dating back from 1851 to present. Personalize your access through email newsletters, mobile apps, and customizable news feeds and recommendations. Mandarin and Spanish versions are also available.
To get started, register for a free account either by being logged into smcl.org or from within a San Mateo County Libraries location using a library computer or using your own device on the library WiFi. Once registered, you will be able to enjoy your 24-hour access pass from anywhere by logging in with the same email and password entered during registration.
After your 24-hour pass expires, you may activate a new pass by visiting the pass activation page while once again being logged into smcl.org or from within a San Mateo County Libraries location using a library computer or using your own device on the library WiFi.
Search full-text articles from over 1,200 newspapers, newswires, and news magazines.
Search current and archived issues of local newspapers for full-text news articles, editorials, events, people, government, sports and more. Search each paper individually or search all six local papers at the same time using the links below. Requires "29041" library card.
- San Francisco Chronicle, opens a new window – 1/1/1985-present (no obituaries included)
- San Mateo County Times, opens a new window – 9/15/2001-present
- San Mateo Daily Journal, opens a new window – 10/2/2000-present
- San Jose Mercury News, opens a new window – 6/1/1985-present
- Half Moon Bay Review, opens a new window – 8/15/1997-present
- Pacifica Tribune, opens a new window – 9/24/2003-present (no data 9/10/2009-6/6/2012)
- Search all six local papers at the same time., opens a new window
Contains resources that present diverse perspectives on important issues and events.
This full-text Spanish-language database covers subjects inside and outside academia and offers content from a variety of sources, including reference books, general interest magazines, and health reports.
Este base de datos de texto completo en español cubre temas dentro y fuera de la academia y ofrece contenido de una variedad de fuentes, incluidos libros de referencia, revistas de interés general e informes de salud.
An online learning platform for San Mateo County Libraries cardholders who want to improve work-related skills or further develop a personal interest. Users can search through more than 4,000 continuously updated, on-demand video courses across 75 categories in business, technology, design, health, mindfulness, and more.
To Use the App:
- Download the Udemy for Business app in the View available apps below.
- Open the app and enter gale.udemy.com as the organization account and click Next.
- Under Find Your Institution select Public Library and search for San Mateo County Library.
- Click San Mateo County Library and you’ll be taken to the screen where you can enter your library card number and click Sign In.
- You’ll be taken to the screen where you can sign in using a Google or Microsoft account.