With 9,000+ (English/Spanish) interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners ages 2 to 8.
How to Checkout a 4-Week License
An ABCmouse license can be checked out for 4-weeks of home use. Follow these steps, and your child/children will be having fun and learning in no time!
- Fill out the online Home Checkout form, opens a new window by selecting California, a San Mateo County Library location, and entering your library card number and PIN.
- If new to ABCmouse, you will be presented with an account confirmation page showing a temporary ABCmouse username and password. We recommend saving for future reference, as it is associated with your library card number.
- You can also customize the login information by visiting the Parent Section under Settings (the gear icon) and clicking on My Account, Account Information, and replacing your temporary login information with your own email address and password.
- If a license is not available, you’ll be asked if you want to be added to a waiting list. You will receive an email when a license is available so please make sure to enter your personal email.
- Build a profile for you and your child/children by answering a series of questions. You can add up to three children to your account.
- At the end of the profile set up, you will be given the choice to do an assessment for your child/children. It is recommended that you do so. This will help you to determine what your child needs to work on in ABCmouse. You will have an opportunity to do another assessment at the end of the four weeks to track progress.
- When the assessment is complete, your child is all set to explore the various games, activities, and features of ABCmouse from the home dashboard.
After Your 4-Week Checkout
When your 4-weeks are up, you will have an opportunity to sign up for another 4-week check out if there are licenses available. If not, you will be given an option to get on the waiting list. Your child's profile and progress will be saved.
You can also use ABCmouse from within the library, opens a new window. It is accessible from the public computers or from your own computer or device when it is connected to the library WiFi. All of your progress will be saved.
Please note: An ABCmouse license for East Palo Alto patrons can only be checked out with an ABCmouse Learning Kit. Please check out a kit at the East Palo Alto Library first.