Homework help resources for beginning elementary school; also includes 75 popular kids magazines like Highlights and Sports Illustrated for Kids.
Reading & Literature
NoveList K-8 helps children grades K-8, parents, & teachers identify books appropriate for children's reading abilities and interests. Requires "29041" library card.
Provides multimedia content to complement children's and young adult books. Resources include audiobook readings, author videos, book discussion guides and lesson plans for over 40,000 books in English and Spanish.
Find lesson plans, discussion questions, novel units, reader's theater scripts, and other instructional support for the books you're reading in any K–12 classroom.
- Ready-to-use and vetted for quality to save you time
- Stimulate discussions about the books you're teaching
- Use for book clubs and to prompt conversation about books at home
- Choose from thousands of guides for both fiction and nonfiction
- Great for new educators and teachers-in-training
Compile, organize, analyze, and share instructional materials associated with the books in your curriculum.
- Create your own booklists
- Manage text sets
- Analyze text complexity differentiation
- Seamlessly edit, sequence, and annotate lists
- Immediately have instructional materials
- Distribute lists with QR codes, emails, or permanent links
Have the author reveal, anytime, the author's purpose, writing, and research processes with these TeachingBooks.net exclusively created primary source materials.
Have ready-to-use vocabulary lists — often organized by chapter — for the books that you're teaching. Vocabulary lists include:
- Example sentences pulled from each book
- Audio pronunciations
Get to know the latest award-winning books with exclusive primary source recordings that introduce students to authentic writing and research processes.
Include diverse cultural experiences in your instruction as reflected in quality fiction and nonfiction books.
- Identify exceptional multicultural books for all content areas
- Bring culture and race to the forefront of literary conversations with authentic, primary source instructional materials