In keeping with our efforts to offer the community opportunities to learn about new and emerging technologies, San Mateo County Libraries offers 3D printers for public use.
Reserve a 3D Printer
Patrons can reserve a 3D printer 30 days in advance and in 2 hour blocks by using the reserve form below. Staff will provide instruction in use of the 3D printer for first time users.
A file is obtained from a 3D printing object library, such as, Thingiverse or by creating a design using computer assisted design (CAD) software.
All files for using the 3D printer require the following:
- The file needs to be either in .stl format for MakerBot printers or .gcode format for Ultimaker printers.
- The object in the file should be 6 cubic inches or less in size.
The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate.
- In violation of intellectual property rights.
The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
The library has the following PLA colors to choose from:
By reserving a 3D Printer you accept the
3D Printing Online Agreement.