We’re so excited to welcome you back to San Mateo County Libraries and reopen our doors with limited in-library services.
All communities will have in-library Express Service, which includes computer and printing access, browsing materials, and Wi-Fi access, beginning Thursday, April 22. Express Service will be available Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM and 2:00 PM-5:00 PM. Curbside Services, which include holds pickup, printing, and no-appointment walk-up service, will continue to be available at most locations starting Monday, April 19 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
These services are the next step in a careful, phased approach to safely reinstituting library offerings, access, and exploration! After a year of connecting with you digitally through virtual programs, online resources, and remote services, we can’t wait to welcome you back to your community library.
The safety of our community members and staff is of utmost importance to us. When visiting our libraries, we ask that you follow our guidelines and try to make your library visit quick and efficient.
- While utilizing in-library services, patrons ages 2 and up will be required to wear masks and abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- Building capacity and seating will be limited and monitored throughout the day and libraries will close midday for high-touch surface cleaning.
- Community members will be encouraged to limit visits to 60 minutes to ensure that everyone can enjoy the library.
Services Available Within the Libraries
We are pleased to safely offer modified, limited services. Many library offerings, like study rooms or Makerspaces, are not yet available.
- Browse our collection
- Connect and use Wi-Fi
- Access and use computers for up to one hour
- Use our printers
Other Contactless Services
Do you still prefer a contact-free, convenient experience? Beginning Monday, April 19, our popular Curbside Services will continue to be offered at all our libraries with new hours of operation!
- Curbside Services, opens a new window, which includes curbside pickup and walk-up service, will be available at most locations on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM. Pacifica Sanchez Library will offer curbside services Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 1:00 PM-5:00 PM.
- Our library programs, opens a new window — which include storytimes, author talks, book clubs, and more — will continue to be held virtually.
- Our online resources, opens a new window and digital collection of eBooks, eAudioBooks, music, and movies are available to you at any time.
Libraries Offering Express Service and Curbside Hours
- Express Service: Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Curbside Services: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Atherton Library, opens a new window
2 Dinkelspiel Station Lane
Atherton CA 94027
Belmont Library, opens a new window
1110 Alameda de las Pulgas
Belmont CA 94002
Brisbane Library, opens a new window
163 Visitacion Avenue
Brisbane CA 94005
East Palo Alto Library, opens a new window
2415 University Avenue
East Palo Alto CA 94303
Foster City Library, opens a new window
1000 East Hillsdale Boulevard
Foster City CA 94404
Half Moon Bay Library, opens a new window
Half Moon Bay CA 94019
Millbrae Library, opens a new window
1 Library Avenue
Millbrae CA 9403
North Fair Oaks, opens a new window
2510 Middlefield Road
Redwood City CA 94063
Pacifica Sharp Park Library, opens a new window
104 Hilton Way
Pacifica CA 94044
Portola Valley Library, opens a new window
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley CA 94028
San Carlos Library, opens a new window
610 Elm Street
San Carlos CA 94070
Woodside Library, opens a new window
3140 Woodside Road
Woodside CA 94062
New Curbside Hours For Pacifica Sanchez
Starting the week of April 19, Curbside Services will be available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Pacifica Sanchez Library, opens a new window
1111 Terra Nova Boulevard
Pacifica CA 94044