Take San Mateo County Libraries on the go! Our new mobile app turns your smartphone or tablet into a library at your fingertips. You can instantly tap into library resources...anytime, anywhere!
The modern design features a more intuitive and easy-to-read layout. Enhanced services allow you to checkout and download digital items from within the app, use an eCard version of your library card, access all of the library’s digital content providers, and much more.
New App Features
- Manage your account (My Account), by logging in with your library card number and PIN.
- Access your content (Bookshelf), renew materials, place/manage holds, and check/pay your account balance.
- Use your eCard to check out materials.
- Browse and reserve the Latest Releases with just the tap of a finger (updated every month).
- Explore our entire catalog, read reviews, find similar items and locate a copy to pick up from any library within San Mateo County.
- Locate your nearest San Mateo County Libraries location.
- Access our Digital Collection in one convenient location. Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMovies, eMusic, and eMagazines from OverDrive, opens a new window, Freegal, opens a new window, hoopla, opens a new window, Kanopy, opens a new window and other content providers. You can even download digital items from within the app.
- Connect your RBdigital eMagazines, opens a new window account and view your checked out eMagazines from within the app.
- Discover a hidden talent, learn a new skill and connect with your community at one of our many events! See events by date and add them to your calendar or share them with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- See a book that looks interesting? Scan an ISBN barcode from the back of a book to see if a copy is available at one of our libraries.
How to Get Started
iOS & Android Devices
You can download the app by searching for San Mateo County Libraries in the Apple App store or Google Play store on your device or click the appropriate button below.
For Kindle Fire Tablets
- On your Kindle Fire, go to one of the following locations depending on your device:
- 5th to 8th Generation Devices – Settings > Security > Apps from Unknown Sources and enable.
- 3rd and 4th Generation Devices – Settings > Applications > Apps From Unknown Sources and enable.
- 1st and 2nd Generation Devices – Settings > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications and ensure it’s set to On.
- Open this page on your Kindle Fire web browser and download the APK file, opens a new window (tap and hold this link to bring up menu and select Download link).
- You'll get a warning stating this type of file can harm your device. Tap on OK.
- Open the notification area (top bar). It should show that the .APK file is downloading. Tap it once the download has finished.
- Select Install. Once installed select Open.
Once downloaded, launch the app and enter your library card number and PIN. The app will remember your account information so you won't need to log in again.