It's that time again! November is National Novel Writing Month, opens a new window, where writers worldwide pick up their pens, pencils, styli, keyboards, tablets, quills, basically a writing implement of their choice, and crank out a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Will you take the challenge and join us for a writing extravaganza?
We've got lots of awesome activities lined up at our libraries. Come to one program or all, and get your creativity and inspiration flowing! Here are just a few of our offerings, but please check our events page for more details:
Foster City: Write-In Sessions every Monday and Tuesday from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. If there is an author talk, we will not have a write-in that night.
- Kickoff Party - Tuesday 11/1, 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- Janet Stickmon - Author Talk & Book Signing, Wednesday, 11/ 2, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Children's Storytelling - Friday 11/4 and 11/18, 3:00 - 4:00 PM
- Janet Stickmon Creative & Memoir Writing Workshops, Saturday 11/5 and 11/19, 2:00 PM (REGISTRATION REQUIRED, ages 15+)
- Kristen-Paige Madonia - Author Talk & Book Signing, Tuesday 11/8, 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- Elsie Sze - Author Talk & Book Signing, Saturday, 11/12, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Mark Noce - Write-In Session, Sunday, 11/13, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Millbrae: Writing Time on Thursdays in the Homework Center from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm!
San Carlos: Writing Time and Refreshments afterschool in The Spot, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
We've also got lots of great books chock full of writing tips, exercises, and advice. Check one out today and start preparing for November!
What will you be writing about? Share in the comments below.