Are you interested in exploring new cultures by learning their language? If so, we're excited to introduce the following free online learning resources that can enrich your time staying at home and fulfill your curiosity of world languages and their cultures.
What's more? These resources are available in mobile apps that may make your learning even more convenient and accessible. Altogether, there are more than 80 languages available to learn! For each resource, you'll need to log in with your Library username or barcode and PIN number.
Here are some highlights and links to get access to each resource:
- 70 world languages available, including Shakespearean English and Shanghainese, a local dialect of Shanghai, China
- Teaches conversation and grammar of each language
- Step-by-step lessons based on your learning goal
- App available in the App Store, opens a new window, Google Play, opens a new window, and Amazon, opens a new window
Language Superstar, opens a new window | Complete Language Lessons, opens a new window | Daily Language Learning, opens a new window | Simple Language Learning, opens a new window | Language Tree (for children), opens a new window
- Guided language lessons in audio book format (linked above) that can be checked out for 7 days or more
- Abundant choices of world languages
- Stream each lesson wherever you are and when you want
- Duolingo is an external resource (not provided by the Library) with free access to some features
- A game-mode language learning experience for children and adults
- Compete with language learners of the world
- Personalized daily learning goal
Which world language do you want to learn? Let us know in the comments. Good luck! ¡Buena suerte! Bonne chance!