If you’re feeling app-fatigued, SimplyE might be the solution for your reading and listening needs! The SimplyE app is a convenient way to access library eBooks and eAudiobooks, as well as thousands of works in the public domain. SimplyE consolidates San Mateo County Libraries’ Overdrive, Axis 360, enki, and public domain eBooks and eAudiobooks into a single collection.
SimplyE was developed by staff from the New York Public Library who wanted to make the eBook/eAudiobook experience easier for library users. The app is designed with you in mind – the reader/listener! San Mateo County Libraries has a robust collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks, but it can be time-consuming and tricky to discover everything we offer. SimplyE can help save you time from downloading multiple apps and searching through various eBook/eAudiobook services to find what you like.
Getting Started With SimplyE
- Install the free SimplyE app from the app store on your Android, opens a new window, iOS, opens a new window (iPhone/iPad), or Kindle Fire, opens a new window device.
- If this is your first time using the SimplyE app, select Find Your Library and then scroll down to select San Mateo County Libraries. If you’ve used the SimplyE app before from another library, go to Settings > Accounts > Add Library and select San Mateo County Libraries.
- Save your San Mateo County Libraries card number (starting with 29041) and PIN for easy checkout by going to Settings > Accounts > San Mateo County Libraries, entering your information and tapping Log In.
- Go to Catalog to browse titles. Tap a title you're interested in reading/listening to, tap Get and the title will be downloaded. If the title is not currently available, tap Reserve to place a hold.
- Go to My Books to see your checkouts and Reservations to see your holds.
Yes! All of our locations are open for you to come inside. Visit our Locations page for a list of locations and hours.
If you’re waiting for an appointment, headed to the park, or taking a break at work, eBook Stops are a great way to help you pass the time! Browse, check out, and download an eBook to your mobile device in a matter of minutes and take it with you to go!
eBook Stops are a small network device that generates its own Wi-Fi network and connects to an eBook collection curated by San Mateo County Libraries. When connected to the network, you can download and read eBooks in on your phone or tablet without the need for an Internet connection, an additional app or a library card.
Yes. We will be offering more hours beginning on Tuesday, March 16 with Curbside Services, opens a new window available Tuesdays through Saturdays, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM. When we are safely able to fully reopen to the public, North Fair Oaks Library will have its weekly service hours increased from 50 to 60 hours. We’ll be seeking input on establishing new hours and feedback on services from the community soon.
Sí. Ofreceremos más horas a partir del martes 16 de marzo con servicio en la acera, opens a new window disponible desde el martes a sábado, de 11:00 AM a 4:00 PM. Cuando podamos reabrir completamente al público, Fair Oaks Branch Library tendrá su horario de servicio aumentado de 50 a 60 horas. Pronto buscaremos información sobre el establecimiento de nuevas horas y comentarios sobre los servicios de la comunidad.
In response to the San Mateo County Health Department’s guidance around social distancing, all of our library locations are closed to public access. With digital titles, online resources, virtual events, and more, we’re still here for you and are Open for Exploration online. For more information, read our blog, opens a new window.