San Mateo County Libraries has many great resources for educators, including TeachingBooks.net, where you can find over 280,000 resources related to books for children and young adults. All you need to get started is your library card (beginning with 2904).
You can search for books by title, author, subject or list. The entry for each book has links to additional material that can enhance your students’ learning experiences, such as author interviews and ready-to-use lesson plans and discussion guides.
TeachingBooks.net is made available through San Mateo County Libraries and other California public libraries by the California State Library, opens a new window. With it, you can access six different TeachingBooks databases:
- Book Guides & Lesson Plans
- Teach Diverse Books
- Literature-Based Vocabulary Lists
- Learn from Award-Winning Authors & Illustrators
- Resources for Award-Winning Books
- Build Your Own Custom Reading Lists
San Mateo County Libraries has other special services for educators:
- Teachers, home school educators or daycare providers who live or work within our service area are eligible to receive a teacher library card that comes with added benefits.
- Get in Touch with your local library for class visits, book recommendations and more at 1-833-YES-SMCL (1-833-937-7625).
More information about these and other resources can be found on our Teacher and Student Resources page.