Panel Discussion & Author Book Signing
The Peninsula Libraries' 8th annual Young Adult Novelists’ Convention (YANovCon) will take place Saturday, February 11, 2023, at the Burlingame Community Center, opens a new window. YANovCon is your exclusive connection to some of today's top authors. This free half-day celebration will include panel discussions and book signings with notable and new YA novelists.
Intro/Welcome: 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM
Keynote Address with Bill Konigsberg: 1:15 PM – 1:50 PM
Session 1: 2:00 PM – 2:50 PM
- Topic: The Role of Family in Shaping Identity
- Panelists: James Brandon, Sarah Kuhn, Naz Kutub, Sara Saedi
Session 2: 3:00 PM - 3:50 PM
- Topic: Becoming Unsheltered: The Imperfections of Family
- Panelists: Ernesto Cisneros, Sally Engelfried, and Mae Respicio
Book Signing with Middle Grade Authors: 4:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Session 3: 4:00 PM - 4:50 PM
- Topic: Beyond the Traditional Family
- Panelists: Charlie Jane Anders, Phillippe Diederich, Alexa Donne, Lilliam Rivera
Book Signing with All Authors: 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
We've partnered with Books Inc., opens a new window to have books available for purchase at the event.
Lineup of Authors
What Can You Do to Get Ready for YANovCon?
- Register for YANovCon, opens a new window.
- Enter our Teen Short Story Contest.
- Stay in touch with us and receive the latest author updates by following #YANovCon on Facebook, opens a new window, Twitter, opens a new window, and Instagram, opens a new window.
- Read or listen to books by authors you'll see at YANovCon. Visit your local library or check out this curated list, opens a new window!
- YANovCon is appropriate for families including middle and high school students. Some mature topics could be discussed in the sessions.
- At the time of the event, we will follow San Mateo County’s health orders.
- There is ample parking at new Burlingame Community Center, opens a new window, but we highly recommend carpooling and using public transit to reduce your impact on the environment. The Burlingame Community Center is easily accessible via SamTrans, opens a new window, Bart, opens a new window, and Caltrain, opens a new window.