Are you and your kids longing for library storytimes and bookstore readings? In addition to offering our own new staff-led Live Experiences, you can expand your imagination and hear from some of your favorite authors with #OperationStorytime.
#OperationStorytime is a digital reading series brought to life in response to school closures across the country. Editors at Romper called on authors and illustrators to share video readings with students eager for literary excitement. And boy, did authors and illustrators (and actors and singers) answer that call!
Simply search “#OperationStorytime” on social media and discover a growing collection of engaging recordings and livestreams from readers around the country. You can also start exploring on Romper, where editors have collected readings from Week Oneopens a new window, Week Twoopens a new window, and Week Threeopens a new window.
What a unique opportunity to hear your favorite children’s books read by your favorite children’s authors!
Who Is Sharing a Storytime?
Well, for starters, you can watch:
- Ame Dyckman reading You Don’t Want a Unicorn!opens a new window (while delightfully dressed as a unicorn)
- Anna Kang reading I Am (Not) Scaredopens a new window (with an activity kitopens a new window on her website!)
- Oge Mora reading Saturdayopens a new window
- Oliver Jeffers reading one of his books every weekdayopens a new window at 11 AM PST
- Carole Lindstrom reading We Are the Water Protectorsopens a new window
- Jonathan Stutzman and Heather Fox reading Llama Destroys the Worldopens a new window
- Josh Gad reading The Giving Treeopens a new window by Shel Silverstein
- Amy Adams reading The Dinosaur Princessopens a new window by her daughter, Aviana Olea
We also recommend checking out children’s publishers. For example, Penguin Kidsopens a new window is hosting a live #OperationStorytime reading every weekday at 8 AM PST.
And that’s just the beginning! We hope you all find a safe, cozy storytime to enjoy.