Many of us are used to traveling to Pride events in bigger cities, but if you are staying local this year, then the San Mateo County 2018 LGBTQ+ Pride Celebration, opens a new window is the pride party for you. Music, entertainment, food trucks, and lots of activities for the whole family.
San Mateo County Libraries will be there with a selection of LGBTQ+ themed reading giveaways for kids and teens. Stop by, say hello, sign up for the Summer Learning Challenge, and try your hand at a colorful craft.
The celebration will be at San Mateo Central Park, opens a new window on Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. See you there!
What Are You Reading This Summer?
San Mateo County Libraries are committed to serving everyone in our diverse community. Celebrate Pride month with these exceptional books for young people relating to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender experience.
- They, He, She, Me: Free to Be Me! by Maya Christina Gonzalez & Matthew Smith-Gonzalez
- I am Jazz! by Jessica Herthel & Shelagh McNicolas
- This Day in June by Gayle E. Pitman & Kristyna Litten
- In Our Mothers' House by Patricia Poloacco
- Jacob's New Dress by Sarah Hoffman & Chris Case
- Stella Brings the Family by Miriam Schiffer & Holly Clifton Brown
- The Best Man by Richard Peck
- Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson
- The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
- Drama by Raina Telgemeier
- George by Alex Gino
- Wandering Son by Takako Shimura
- The Misfits by James Howe
- One True Way by Shannon Hitchcock
- How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
- DC Bombshells by Marguerite Bennett
How will you celebrate Pride? Let us know in the comments.