San Mateo County Libraries has released an updated mobile app with improved features, and we can’t wait for you to explore it! Our updated app offers a streamlined design and new features.
Beyond providing you with library resources right at your fingertips, our updated app gives you the power to take actions like checking out library materials yourself at a library location using your device.
Offers Self-Service Check-Out and Check-In
Our app allows you to borrow and return items yourself at a library location right from your device! You can use the In-Library Self-Service feature while inside the library to check out materials you’ve picked up, or check in materials you’re dropping off. Location services need to be turned on in the app. Make sure to ask library staff for a demo the next time you're visiting the library.
Supports Social Distancing
The app allows you to enjoy our library resources while staying socially distanced. Take advantage of full catalog searching plus access to electronic resources from home or while visiting any of our libraries.
Choose Your Language
Now available in English, Chinese (simplified or traditional characters), Hindi, Russian and Spanish. Simply set your preferred language in the app.
Quick and Easy Setup for Both iOS and Android
Whichever device you use, setup will be easy. Have any questions? Our staff is happy to assist.
The Same Features You Love
If you already use our mobile app, you’ll be familiar with these features:
- My Account - Manage your account. You can view your checkouts, renew materials and place/manage holds.
- My Shelves - Access your content, save materials on your For Later list and mark books as Completed or In Progress.
- Latest Releases - Browse and reserve new titles with just the tap of a finger.
- Search Catalog - Explore our entire catalog, find similar items and locate a copy to pick up from any library in San Mateo County.
- Hours & Locations - Find your nearest San Mateo County Libraries location and check hours of operation.
- Online Resources - Access our online resources and borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks, along with eVideos, eMusic and eMagazines from various content providers.
- Events - Discover exciting events to attend online or in person.
- Blogs - Read up on the latest library news.
- Social Media - Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Scan an ISBN Barcode - See a book that looks interesting? Scan the ISBN code on the back of a book to see if a copy is available at one of our libraries.
How to Get Started
Download the app by searching for San Mateo County Libraries in the Apple App Store or Google Play store on your device or click the appropriate button below.
, opens a new window, opens a new window
Once downloaded, launch the app and enter your library card number and PIN. The app will remember your account information so you won't need to log into the app again.