Energizer Stations for Bike to Work Day
Tens of thousands of regular and first-time Bay Area residents will bike to work for the 24th Annual Bike to Work Day (BTWD) on Thursday, May 10, 2018, part of National Bike Month. More than 40 Energizer Stations in San Mateo County will give people on bikes a chance to stop, catch their breath, and receive encouragement.
Four of those BTWD Energizer Stations will be either hosted or cohosted by San Mateo County Libraries! Ride your bike to work and on your way visit our Book Bike stations. We will be giving out snacks, tote bags and goodies to all riders.
- Foster City Library at Shorebird Park from 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Portola Valley Library from 7:00 AM - 9 AM
- Pacifica Library with Parks, Beaches and Recreation at Vallemar Station from 6:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Millbrae Library with City of Millbrae at Caltrain Station Southbound Platform from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
The following map offers a complete list of Energizer Stations in San Mateo County.
Free Bike Safety Check for Bike to Work Month
To further celebrate National Bike Month in May, San Mateo County Libraries will offer free bike checkups at five or our community libraries. A certified bike technician will perform a basic checkup for your bike, like inflating the tires, adjusting the brakes, and letting you know whether your bike is safe and roadworthy. First come first serve; no appointment needed.
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 (9:00AM – 1:00PM) - Half Moon Bay Library
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 (2:00PM – 5:00PM) - Millbrae Library
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 (1:00PM – 4:00PM) - Belmont Library
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 (1:00PM – 4:00PM) - Foster City Library
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 (10:30AM – 1:30PM) - Atherton Library
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 (1:00PM – 4:00PM) - East Palo Alto Library
What are your plans for BTWD? Share in the comments below.