FREE one-on-one tutoring and small groups, in person, or through tele-tutoring for people 16 years or older, who want to improve ability to speak, read, or write in English, and meet personal goals such as:
- passing classes at the adult school or community college,
- increase computer skills,
- take the citizenship test in English,
- help children with homework,
- pass the GED,
- get a better job or promotion,
- obtain a driver's license,
- and many more.
Adult learners meet with their trained volunteer tutor an average of 2 to 4 hours a week in a reliable, safe and caring learning environment.
Tutoring services are available in East Palo Alto, Half Moon Bay and the Coast.
Want to become a learner or know someone who could benefit from FREE tutoring to improve their English?
- (650) 323-0362 ext. 224 for East Palo Alto area
- (650) 726-2316 ext. 4 for Half Moon Bay area
- email us
- stop by the East Palo Alto Library or Half Moon Bay Library and put your name and contact information in the Community Learning Binder
Want to become a volunteer tutor and help an adult build literacy skills to participate more at home, at work, and in the community?
Volunteer Tutor Positions Open
- East Palo Alto
- Half Moon Bay
- San Carlos (Tele-tutoring: one on one tutoring for people 16 years or older through a computer. Can work on any learning goal through the computer to practice and learn new computer skills.)
1/28/2017 from 9:30AM – 11:30AM
Adult Literacy Tutor Orientation