The Annual Tricycle Music Fest kicks off October 4th
It's the time of year again when the best kindie rockers come out to support local libraries and promote early childhood learning. The annual Tricycle Music Fest is a month-long event presented jointly by the San Francisco Public Library, opens a new window and San Mateo County Libraries. Together we bring the best kindie rock to Bay Area families. Don't miss this award-winning line-up, including The Pop Ups, opens a new window, Alphabet Rockers, opens a new window, Jazzy Ash and the Leaping Lizard Band, opens a new window, and The Lucky Band, opens a new window.
Each event will feature a concert and family engagement activities. And because playing is just as important as singing in early childhood learning, we will be raffling off one tricycle and one scooter at each event.
Skip the nap, grab your dancing shoes, and get to these unforgettable shows in October!
A collaboration between Brooklyn musicians Jason Rabinowitz and Jacob Stein, The Pop Ups have received recognition for their unique rock and roll puppet musical show including a 2014 GRAMMY nomination for Best Children’s Album for their album Appetite for Construction.
- Friday, October 4, 10:00 AM, Half Moon Bay Library
Check out The Pop-Ups' titles in our collection.
Learning comes alive through beats, rhymes, and movement. Alphabet Rockers have evolved to be much more collaborative and focused on the importance of elevating youth voice. The group will bring high energy and award-winning music. Don't miss it!
- Saturday, October 5, 2:00 PM, Leo J. Ryan Park, opens a new window (brought to you by the Foster City Library)
- Friday, October 18, 10:30 AM, Millbrae Library
- Saturday, October 19, 1:00 PM, East Palo Alto Library
Check out Alphabet Rockers' titles in our collection.
The spirit of Mardi Gras is sure to take you over with Jazzy Ash’s original mix of family-friendly, New-Orleans-style jazz and favorite jazz standards. Bring your own beads!
- Friday, October 11, 10:30 AM, Pacifica Sanchez Library
- Friday, October 11, 4:00 PM, San Carlos Library
Check out Jazzy Ash and the Leaping Lizard Band's titles in our collection.
Winners of the 2013 Latin Grammy for children’s music, The Lucky Band enliven the library with their whimsical, multicultural, and bilingual tunes. Get ready for a hip-shaking, head-bopping dance party of fresh indie pop-rock beats!
- Saturday, October 26, 3:00 PM, Belmont Library
- Sunday, October 27, 3:00 PM, Brisbane Community Park, opens a new window (brought to you by the Brisbane Library)