Ever wanted to make a movie? Now’s your chance!
Create a film of any genre to submit to the 10th Annual SMCL Teen Film Festival!
How to Submit:
- Upload your entry to YouTube
- Submit using this Entry Form
- Submit your own original work.
- You must be in 5th-12th grade to enter a film.
- You must upload your video to YouTube and make it publicly-viewable.
- To enter, fill out the Entry Form and be sure to include your YouTube link.
- Films should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Films must contain appropriate content for teens (equivalent of a G, PG, or PG-13 film).
- If you want your film to be on the library website, you must be authorized to use any included music. This would be music you've created, Creative Commons-licensed material, and items in the public domain. You can also create your own using Jukedeck. If you want to get even more creative, come to Belmont, Half Moon Bay, or San Carlos or to make your own music using Garage Band on our iMac! You may not use copyrighted materials without permission.
- Prizes will include 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, People’s Choice and possible honorable mentions.
- Entries are due Wednesday, February 28, 2018 by 11:59 PM.
- The SMCL Teen Film Festival will be held at the Belmont Library on Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 1:30-4:00 PM for High School Films and Sunday March 11, 2018 from 1:30-4:00 PM for Middle School Films.
To be eligible to win an award, at least one member must attend and stay the entire duration of the viewing party. Those not present will be disqualified from any possible award or prize. Prizes to be determined.
We have new Teen DSLR Camera Kits that will be available starting in December! Check back soon for details!
Please, check back here for updates on prizes and checking out new teen camera kits.
If you have any questions, please contact please contact Kayla Figard at (650) 591-8286 ext. 238.