Kanopy offers more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie, and classic films, and world cinema with collections from The Criterion Collection, Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Try It Now!
Your browser does not support iframes.
How to get started?
- You must have a valid library card
- Click the orange "Continue" button.
- Click "Sign up" and create an account using one of the following three methods: Facebook, Google, or email address.
- Go to your email inbox and look for a message from Kanopy instructing you to verify your email address. If you already have an account, simply click "Log in" and enter your information.
- After you have verified your email address, go back to Kanopy and add your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- Download the Kanopy app for your preferred viewing device (iOS, opens a new window, Android, opens a new window, Apple TV, opens a new window, Chromecast or Roku, opens a new window).
How does Kanopy work?
- You can watch 10 movies per month, account resets at the beginning of the month.
- Videos lend for 3 days.
- No late fees and no holds! You can start watching right away.