Veterans and family members can learn about state and federal education, employment, housing, health, disability, and other benefits. The Veterans Resource Center features a circulating book collection, up-to-date information from service providers, and access to Internet-connected computers.
Additional New Resource
We are pleased to announce our newest online resource, VetNow. This free online resource allows you to access the following services:
- Live Benefits Navigator - helps veterans and families understand and apply for eligible benefits.
- Online Career Assistance- resume templates and resources, live help for writing resumes and interviewing, and tools to guide your career path.
- Academic Skills Building- math, science, reading, and writing live tutoring; lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, GED, GRE.
How to Access
It only take 3 easy step to access this new online resource.
- Get an SMCL library card (if you don't already have one).
- Go to the VetNow site.
- Create your unique account using your SMCL library card number.
Upcoming Veterans Connect Events
VetsConnect Button Making
Saturday, July 7, 2018 (1:00PM – 2:00PM) at the East Palo Alto Library
Honor those who allow us to enjoy the freedoms of citizenship. Come and make buttons for the 5 branches of the military.
Citizenship Pathway for Veterans and Their Family Members
Saturday, July 14, 2018 (10:00AM – 2:00PM) at the East Palo Alto Library
Veterans Connect at the Library in partnership with CalVet, SIREN, Bay Area Legal Aid, Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto, Catholic Charities, Human Services Agency, among others, invite people who have served in the military and their family members to meet with immigration attorneys to complete the citizenship application.
For more information about Veterans Connect at the Library, or to volunteer, visit our Veterans Connect page.