Are you up for a challenge? Can you make a movie in 72 hours or less?
Enter the 72 Hour Movie Making Challenge for a chance to win awesome prizes!
How to Enter
- Starting Thursday, November 9th at 5:00 PM pick your genre, prop and line of dialogue from below.
- Upload your finished film to YouTube.
- Submit entry before the deadline.
- Film must include the genre, prop, and line of dialog selected.
- You must be in 5th-12th grade.
- You must upload your video to YouTube.
- Submit entry and make sure to include your YouTube link.
- Film should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Film must contain appropriate content for teens (G, PG, or PG 13).
- If you want your film to be on the library website and DVD, you must be authorized to use any included music. These would be music you've created, Creative Commons-licensed material, and items in the public domain. You can also create your own using Jukedeck. If you want to get even more creative, come to Belmont, San Carlos or Half Moon Bay to make your own music using GarageBand on our iMac! You may not use copyrighted materials without permission.
- Teams are limited to 4 members, not including actors.
- Prizes will include 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and possible honorable mentions.
- Entries are due Sunday, November 12th at 11:59 PM.
- The 72 Hour Challenge Screening will be held on Friday, November 17th at 3:30 PM at the Belmont Library.
If you have any questions, please contact Kayla Marie Figard at (650) 591-8286 ext. 238.
- 1st Place: Four-pack of movie tickets per team member
- 2nd Place:Two-pack of movie tickets per team member
- 3rd Place: 1 movie ticket per team member
- + certificates and bragging rights!
Stop Motion Movie Making Workshops
Attend and learn how to create your own stop motion movie! We will supply iPads, toys, figurines and other materials you might need to create your awesome animated movie. For teens in 6th-12th grade.
Dates & Locations:
- Monday, October 16 - Woodside Library
- Tuesday, October 17 - Pacifica Sharp Park Library
- Wednesday, October 18 - Portola Valley Library
- Thursday, October 19 - Half Moon Bay Library
- Friday, October 20 - San Carlos Library
- Monday, October 23 - Belmont Library
- Tuesday, October 24 - Brisbane Library
- Wednesday, October 25 - Millbrae Library
- Thursday, October 26 - Foster City Library
- Friday, October 27 - East Palo Alto Library