Our Lookmobile is an interactive mobile library designed to activate outdoor spaces and increase hands-on learning opportunities in San Mateo County communities. Created in collaboration with San Francisco’s Exploratorium, this custom-built trailer highlights the County’s unique composition, features, and perspectives. The Lookmobile promotes inquiry-based learning and offers visitors six core interactive experiences: evocative map exhibits, map making activities, perspective drawing windows, a pinhole camera wall, a camera obscura, and a fog tricycle.
With these interactive exhibits, fun experiments, and reflective activities, visitors can explore new ways of seeing their surroundings as it tours all twelve of our community libraries. We encourage visitors to continue this exploration beyond the Lookmobile as well by taking a deeper look at some fascinating materials in our collection.
- East Palo Alto Library: December 12 - 16
- Foster City Library: December 17 - 23
- Belmont Library: December 27 - January 2
- Half Moon Bay Library (at the Ted Adcock Community Center): January 7 - 13
- Atherton Library: January 14 - 20
- San Carlos Library: January 21 - 27
- Pacifica-Sharp Park Library (at the City Council Chambers): January 31 - February 2
- Pacifica-Sanchez Library: February 3 - 4
- Millbrae Library: February 6 - 12
- Brisbane Library: February 20 - 25
- Portola Valley Library: February 27 - March 4
- Woodside Library: March 6 - 11
Keep checking back as we will continue to add more dates for all of our community libraries. Contact our community libraries for specific hours of operation and locations, as they will vary at each location.